The key to success in doing social media marketing well is strategy. Without a strategy, you might be posting on social media networks for the sake of posting. Before you start, understand what your goals are, who your target audience is, and what they want, only then will you achieve results on social media.
What are the main reasons your business uses social media?
Sales / Leads Generation
‘The 5Ws‘, making a simple social media strategy.
– WHY do you want to be on social media?
– WHO is your target audience?
– WHAT are you going to share?
– WHERE are you going to share?
– WHEN are you going to share?
Why does your business want to be on Social Media?
That’s a simple answer; business goals. There are nine and you are likely to have more than one:
- Increase brand awareness
- Drive traffic to your website
- Generate new leads
- Grow revenue (by increasing signups or sales)
- Boost brand engagement
- Build a community around your business
- Provide social customer service
- Increase mentions in the press
- Listen to conversations about your brand
Generally, it’s great to focus on just a handful of goals unless you have a team, where different people or groups within the team can take on different goals.
Who is your target audience?
Understanding your target audience will help you more easily answer the following questions on what, where, and when you are going to share. I target a specific or multiple demographic(s) by building marketing personas. A new 1H comes into place when building marketing personas; HOW do they see your content? Some common ones are;
– WHO are they?
– WHAT are they interested in that your business can provide?
– WHERE do they usually hand out? (social media platforms)
– WHEN do they look for the content you provide?
– WHY are they interested in your content?
– HOW do they see your content?
If your business has been running for a while, you most probably already have a good sense of your target audience. What might be helpful is to write it down so that you can share it with the team or use for your future reference.
What are you going to share?
This is where a good understanding of your target audience will be helpful.
Where are you going to share?
Your brand does not have to be on every social media platform. Being on fewer platforms gives you more focus and time to create better content. Having a complete profile on the ‘Big Four’ platforms is a must — Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn — as they would often show up on the first page of Google search results when people search for your brand.
When are you going to share?
Before deciding exactly which time of the day and days of the week you want to post, consider the behaviours of your target audience. I provide scheduled posting in my plans, targeting your audience’s interests.
I manage all 5Ws and 1H in my marketing plans – adding extra value to your social media marketing strategy and provide quality content through a scheduled pipeline. Simply sign up by contacting me and let’s start on your Social Media Marketing strategy together. Call 94767342642 or email [email protected]